Dr Anton Chuvakin Blog (Original)

Security writing since the mid-2000s. New posts are mirrored from Anton on Security on Medium.

Nobody Is That Dumb ... Oh, Wait! - IV

This should actually be called "Nobody Is That Dumb ... Oh, Wait! Journalists are!" or "Do you talk to your co-processor often?"

Check out the amazing quote from this "article": "Rule No. 5: Develop technical partnerships with other people who can write exploits. Become part of the security research community, whose members can be found at conferences, mailing lists or RIC (real-time interface coprocessor) channels, Aitel suggests."

See anything fuckingly :-) wrong with this?

My enlightened colleague certainly didn't recommend that you talk to youR coprocessor often :-) Somewhere IRC became RIC and the assclown writing the paper looked it up (probably like this) and "thought" 'Oh, I now know what RIC means' ...

Result? Hilarity ensues! :-)

Comments

iAmTheWhale said…
Haha! Don't believe everything you read. I bet he got it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIC

- Ben
Anonymous said…
hmmm.... IRC -> RIC...

am i the only one considering the possibility of dyslexia? (obviously compounded by a reporter who's reporting on something they know nothing about, but that's normal for reporters)
Anton Chuvakin said…
"dyslexia" - nooo, I doubt it.

It might have changed IRC to RIC, but dyslexia won't add the whole coprocessor stuff....
PaulM said…
Actually, I wouldn't be at all shocked to find out that Dave Aitel talks to coprocessors.
Anton Chuvakin said…
Wow, this is a whole different angle to the a story :-)

Yeah, indeed, won't be surprising indeed ...