Monday, June 01, 2009

Monthly Blog Round-Up – May 2009

As we all know, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today. These monthly round-ups is my attempt to remind people of useful content from the past month! If you are “too busy to read the blogs” (eh…cause you spent all your time on twitter? :-)), at least read these.

So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics.

  1. Surprisingly, my PCI DSS Q&A from the Qualys webcast “PCI DSS Myths” (select slides here) took the #1 spot: “PCI Myths Webcast Recording and Q&A.” We will be doing another fun PCI webcast on June 11th – please watch the blog for details (and, of course, the Q&A will also be posted!)
  2. OK, I should stop whining about this, but it keeps puzzling me: A LOT of people are Googling for “open source SIEM” all the time! The old mini-post “On Open Source in SIEM and Log Management” is getting a huge amount of traffic from those queries, despite the fact that an open source SIEM does not exist (yes, OSSIM is kinda that, but not many people know about it)
  3. It looks like my pointer to Ben’s paper (“MUST Read PCI DSS Paper “PCI: Requirements to Action”) just a few days ago caused a traffic boost. As I mentioned, I don’t agree with everything there, but it is a worthwhile read.
  4. Just like last month, my PCI DSS hearing coverage in US Congress takes one of the top spots. Also see (if you can stand it…) , live Twitter coverage here under #pcihearing hashtag.
  5. Finally, my latest security reading piece (“Fun Reading on Security and Compliance #14”) took the last of the “Top 5” posts this months. It has a lot of fun links on security, PCI DSS compliance and other goodness :-)

See you in June. Also see my annual “Top Posts” (2007, 2008)

Note: this is posted by a scheduler; I am away from computers for a few days.

Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin