Monday, November 10, 2008

Monthly Blog Round-Up – October 2008

As we all know, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today. These monthly round-ups is an attempt to remind people of useful content from the past month!

So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts and topics.

  1. OF COURSE, the news of my “transition” is the item #1, by far. “Change!!!” and “Qualys” posts rule the list.
  2. Last month I posted a bunch of my presentations on logs, security, etc on the blog.  “Presentation from GOVCERT.NL 2008: Log Forensics” takes one of the tops spots; and so do “Presentation on Application Logging, Done Wrong or Very Wrong” and “Presentation on Optimizing Your Logging for Insider Attack Tracking.”  BTW, all the presentations are here.
  3. Shockingly, AGAIN this month, the "Top 11 Reasons to Secure and Protect Your Logs" came up as #1 most popular post (maybe driven by my poll).  BTW, see my other logging polls and my other “top 11” lists.
  4. SIEM bashing reached a new high (eh…“low”? :-)), now that Richard is helping too;  my “11 Signs That Your SIEM Is A Dog or "Raffy, You Killed SIM!" is on the top list. It is both humorous and sadly true (and backed up by other sources and here.)
  5. Somewhat predictably, PCI compliance is obviously still all the rage: MUST-DO Logging for PCI? post was again propelled to a place in my monthly Top5 list.

See you in November.

Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin