Friday, August 01, 2008

Monthly Blog Round-Up - July 2008

I saw this idea of a monthly blog round-up and I liked it. In general, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today. This is an attempt to remind people of useful content!

So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts and topics.

  1. As you can easily, easily guess, the  #1 spot this month is taken by my irreverent comments on a Terry Childs saga. Namely, "On Doomsaying (Terry Childs case)", "So ... Am I? Maybe I Am!" and "Admins , Good Guys or "I am NOT an Idiot!""
  2. Obviously, my earlier post/rant called "You Are "A Security Idiot" If ..." takes the #2 spot. Yes, we all like to point out other people's problems, especially when they are epically huge :-)
  3. Next up is my post "11 Signs That Your SIEM Is A Dog or "Raffy, You Killed SIM!"". It is both humorous and sadly true (and backed up by other sources)
  4. Also popular is my post "Log Management - Day 1," which talks about the very first thing you do when embarking on a journey to log management.
  5. Finally, again this month, my logging polls took the #1 spot!  Poll #8 that covered context data for log analysis is analyzed here. Other popular polls include a controversial Windows Log Collection Poll (which is a poll #7)  and poll #6 about logs that people actually look and poll #5 about logging challenges.
  6. Strangely, a lot of people wanted to "Which Blogs Do I Read?" - so my brief post on that made it to the top.

See you in August, unless you are all on vacations, that is :-)

Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin