Thursday, January 03, 2008

Monthly Blog Round-Up - December 2007

I saw this idea of a monthly blog round-up and I liked it. In general, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today.

So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts and topics.

  1. Same as during the last few months, the "fallout" from being featured on a high-profile programming site continues to drive loads of traffic.  The topic that got such a huge boost was anti-virus efficiency. Thus, these posts with same theme of anti-virus efficiency were the most popular: Answer to My Antivirus Mystery Question and a "Fun" Story, More on Anti-virus and Anti-malware, Let's Play a Fun Game Here ... A Scary Game, The Original Anti-Virus Test Paper is Here!, Protected but Owned: My Little Investigation as well as a final entry about my own switch away from AV: A Bit More on AV  and Closure (Kind of) to the Anti-Virus Efficiency/Effectiveness Saga
  2. Hurray to database logging (finally!) My blurb, table and paper on database logging top the charts. Specifically, How to Do Database Logging/Monitoring "Right"? as well as its "prequels" :-) Full Paper on Database Log Management Posted and On Database Logging and Auditing (Teaser + NOW Full Paper).
  3. Surprise.... not! Next up is Review of My 2007 Security Predictions: Too Wimpy post that reviews my 2007 predictions.
  4. Next is again my Top11 logging lists:  Top 11 Reasons to Collect and Preserve Computer Logs and  Top 11 Reasons to Look at Your Logs (the third list, Top 11 Reasons to Secure and Protect Your Logs, was not quite that popular - I long argues that, sadly, few people care about log security yet).
  5. Interestingly, my post titled But What Does It ACTUALLY DO? where I expressed my frustration with some of the obscurity marketing also made it into Top 5 for the month.
  6. And, finally, I need to leave some room (as #6 of 5 :-)) for my my logging polls! Yes, they are popular too - and fun to read!

See you in January:-)  

Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:

 

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin