Thursday, May 01, 2008

Monthly Blog Round-Up - April 2008

I saw this idea of a monthly blog round-up and I liked it. In general, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today.

So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts and topics.

  1. In a bizarre twist of fate, the #1 post this month is this little blurb on what will motivate the improvement of security in the future. So, is it lawsuits after all?
  2. Emerging from its well-deserved oblivion is the topic of anti-virus efficiency. Here are the posts: Answer to My Antivirus Mystery Question and a "Fun" Story, More on Anti-virus and Anti-malware, Let's Play a Fun Game Here ... A Scary Game, The Original Anti-Virus Test Paper is Here!, Protected but Owned: My Little Investigation, A Bit More on AV  and Closure (Kind of) to the Anti-Virus Efficiency/Effectiveness Saga.
  3. Again this month, my logging polls are super-hot: specifically, a controversial Windows Log Collection Poll (which is a poll #7) sits among the Top5 posts (closely behind is poll #6 about logs that people actually look at).
  4. People, please stop googling for "open source SIEM." :-)  Really! You are not going to find it, 'cause it doesn't exist (yes, OSSIM exists, but I still doubt that it will gain massive adoption any time soon). In any case, this tiny blurb from 2 (!) years ago where I explain why an open source SIEM will NOT emerge soon  is in Top5  posts (weird indeed!). I have to tell you that the volume of google queries for "open source SIEM" that land on my blog has increased by a factor of 8 (!!!)  over the course of last year.
  5. Finally, a Top5 item which did not surprise me this month: my RSA impressions are Top5 as well (this post and the whole  RSA2008 coverage)

See you in May!

Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:

 

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin