I saw this idea of a monthly blog round-up and I liked it. In general, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today.
So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts and topics.
- Darn it, but same as during the last many, many months, the "fallout" from being featured on a high-profile programming site continues to drive loads of traffic. The topic that got such a huge boost was anti-virus efficiency. Thus, these posts with same theme of anti-virus efficiency were the most popular: Answer to My Antivirus Mystery Question and a "Fun" Story, More on Anti-virus and Anti-malware, Let's Play a Fun Game Here ... A Scary Game, The Original Anti-Virus Test Paper is Here!, Protected but Owned: My Little Investigation, A Bit More on AV and Closure (Kind of) to the Anti-Virus Efficiency/Effectiveness Saga
- Again, my materials on database logging top the charts. Specifically, How to Do Database Logging/Monitoring "Right"? as well as its "prequels" :-) Full Paper on Database Log Management Posted and On Database Logging and Auditing (Teaser + NOW Full Paper).
- Next is my 2008 Predictions post - of course they are popular! :-) Its not 2009 yet! :-(
- Next is again my Top11 logging lists: Top 11 Reasons to Collect and Preserve Computer Logs and Top 11 Reasons to Look at Your Logs (the third list, Top 11 Reasons to Secure and Protect Your Logs, was not quite that popular - I long argues that, sadly, few people care about log security yet).
- Last in my top 5 is a post called Scary World Ahead?! about Internet becoming "0wned" at huge speed!
See you in February :-)
Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups: