Monday, February 02, 2009

Monthly Blog Round-Up – January 2009

As we all know, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today. These monthly round-ups is an attempt to remind people of useful content from the past month! If you are “too busy to read the blogs” (!), at least read these.

So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics.

  1. As expected, my coverage of Heartland data breach saga took the #1 spot, by a long shot. Specifically, “On Heartland”, “Heartland II” and “Heartland III” are the most popular. Even “Largest Card Data Breach Ever?” mini-post made it to the list.
  2. Perhaps ironically, my repost of “Titanic”  and then humorous “Titanic Update” were hot. Yes, Virginia, HMS “Titanic” was compliant with safety regulation of that time. Is this a coincidence, esp. in light of item #1 above?
  3. Much to my excitement, “Tales From the “Compliance First!” World” made it to the top list; I definitely put a lot of thinking into it and I thus I am happy that my readers reacted to it. Sadly, “Compliance First!” is alive and well, even after massive breaches.
  4. Another quality post on PCI DSS, “Making PCI Easy?” is also on the list. This post made some people think that I am “a PCI evangelist” at my employer. Not true! I am actually building a product to make PCI DSS compliance efforts easier.
  5. My first analytic post on Heartland breach, ““Compliant” + 0wned = ?” is a fun read. It covers possible scenarios of being reported as “compliant” while being penetrated by attackers. Are you “comp-0wn3d”?

See you in February. Also see my annual “Top Posts” (2007, 2008)

Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin