Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Monthly Blog Round-Up – November 2008

As we all know, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today. These monthly round-ups is an attempt to remind people of useful content from the past month! If you are “too busy to read the blogs” (!), at least read these.

So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics.

  1. Amazingly, this month by far the #1 post is my “'Blogging from DeepSec 2008 in Vienna.” DeepSec was indeed an awesome conference.
  2. Last month, I said that “SIEM bashing reached a new high.” OMFG. What should I say now? I dunno. In any case, “11 Signs That Your SIEM Is A Dog or "Raffy, You Killed SIM!" is on the top list. BTW, “On Open Source in SIEM and Log Management” is also again on the top list, to much of my amazement.
  3. Again and again, PCI compliance is obviously still all the rage: MUST-DO Logging for PCI? post was again propelled to a place in my monthly Top5 list.
  4. Get a firewall AND a fire extinguisher, now, will ya? Is it too much to ask? :-) The post “On Small Companies and PCI Compliance” is on the Top list.
  5. Shockingly, AGAINx2 :-) this month, the "Top 11 Reasons to Secure and Protect Your Logs" came up as on the Top list.  BTW, see my other logging polls and my other “top 11” lists.

See you in December. Also see my annual “Top Posts” (2007)

Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin