- "Collect Underpants
- Register a domain, which includes "open" and "log" and something else (openlogunderpants.org - it MUST be a .org! - will do just peachy).
- Put some content up that explains that you will concur the world and also solve the hard problem of log standardization in the process; do NOT - I repeat, NOT! - forget to utter the dreaded "C-word" of immense power - compliance.
- Create a PDF document describing one of the existing log formats, such as as syslog or W3C (but do change a few minor things around, just for fun!). The key here is low embarrassment value. If you are smart, you'd also say "taxonomy" at least once.
- Code a convenient "show me yours and I will show you mine" page to collect the info of those who want to download the above PDF (you can't be too open, you know!)
- Issue a press release that claims that you have achieved god-like status and everybody in the whole
worldzoo supports you and is just as excited.
UPDATE: one of my readers suggested that I need a picture of underpants to go with it, but - you know what? - it would be ... below me :-)
UPDATE2: if you care to see more factual analysis of this "standard," go here where a new rift of an asshole is being ripped right through its center :-)
UPDATE3: another great analysis of this so-called "standard" is here. I wish I can also quote what some smart people on the CEE mailing list said about it :-)