Friday, November 30, 2007

Monthly Blog Round-Up - November 2007

I saw this idea of a monthly blog round-up and I liked it. In general, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today.

So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up, top posts and comments by topic.

  1. Oh, wow! I am proud to announce that one of my favorite pieces is indeed the most popular this month: "Protecting Logs from Admins: A Lost Battle?"
  2. My Top11 logging lists take the next spot:  Top 11 Reasons to Collect and Preserve Computer Logs and  Top 11 Reasons to Look at Your Logs (the third list, Top 11 Reasons to Secure and Protect Your Logs, was not quite that popular ...) - and, yes, ONE more list is coming: "Top 11 Reasons to Analyze Your Logs!"
  3. Same as during the last few months, the "fallout" from being featured on a high-profile programming site continues to drive loads of traffic.  The topic that got such a huge boost was anti-virus efficiency. Thus, these posts with same theme of anti-virus efficiency were the most popular: Answer to My Antivirus Mystery Question and a "Fun" Story, More on Anti-virus and Anti-malware, Let's Play a Fun Game Here ... A Scary Game, The Original Anti-Virus Test Paper is Here!, Protected but Owned: My Little Investigation  as well as a final entry about my own switch away from AV: A Bit More on AV  and Closure (Kind of) to the Anti-Virus Efficiency/Effectiveness Saga
  4. Next on the top list is my other most favorite piece of writing: Ideal Log Management Tool?
  5. And, finally, my logging polls! Yes, they are popular too. In fact,  Poll Results: Which Logs Do You Collect? takes the final, 5th spot in this Top 5! :-)

See you in December :-)  

Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:

 

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin