Friday, November 09, 2007

My Next SANS Lunch and Learn:

As I promised here, I am retiring my previous award-winning :-) presentation "Choosing Your Log Management Approach" and replacing it with a new one. Watch out world, here it comes! :-)

"LogLogic Lunch and Learn Presentation - 'Worst Practices' of Log Management
Wednesday, December 12th, 2007 at SANS CDI 2007 in Washington, DC

12:30pm - 1:15pm

Want to learn all the terrible mistakes and pitfalls that await you on the path to log management nirvana? Attend "'Worst Practices' of Log Management" presentation by LogLogic that covers all the things that can go wrong while planning, evaluating, deploying and running a log management solution. Insufficient planning, unrealistic expectations, choosing tools on price alone, lack of logging configuration guidance are among such "worst practices." Each common "worst practice" will be accompanied by suggestions to avoid the errors and do things correctly!"

BTW, SANS also warns: "Please arrive early to guarantee a seat, the lunch session is limited to the first 100 attendees." This is for real, folks! Many of my lunch and learns at SANS were crowded so do sign up!

And, see you in DC!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Chuvakin,

Perhaps I am simply too seep deprived, but after following the link I failed to see where in DC you will be giving your lecture, nor a direct way in which to sign up.

Ken Vedaa

Anton Chuvakin said...

OK... SANS CDI 2007 location is here: http://www.sans.org/cdi07/hotel.php

One doesn't need to sign up - just show up :-)

I don't know what specific room I will present in, but it is usually easy to find...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification.

Ken

Dr Anton Chuvakin