Thursday, October 09, 2008

Change!!!

No, this is not about a certain populist US politician :-) It is about a much graver subject indeed.

As of today, the only Chief Logging Evangelist in the world is no more. I have resigned from my position at LogLogic, effective October 9, 2008, which is today. Please don't contact me at the company email; use my personal email instead. My LinkedIn profile has been updated accordingly.

If you are curious, I still love logs. I really do. Logs are cute :-) You should love them too. And, it goes without saying, I will always remember that title, Chief Logging Evangelist, that I have created for myself. People did say that "Anton wakes up and thinks 'what else he can do today to make the world love logs?'" - it was pretty much like this. In fact, I think world does love logs a tiny bit more now and thus my mission of a logging evangelist has not been in vain.

I will be offline for the entire next week ("OMG, no blogging?" - "Nope, no blogging!") and you, my dear reader, will have to wait until October 20th to hear the news about ...

... where Anton is NOW!!!???

Yes, where is he? :-)

Talk to ya October 20th! The end always brings the new beginning ...

P.S. Please don't tell me that I have a penchant for dramatic. I know :-)

Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I guess!

Finally you realized that IT search is the better approach to log management? Played too much with Splunk?

Good luck in your new endeavors.

Anonymous said...

All the best for the future mate and we all loved the role title here in Australia!

DD

Anonymous said...

Who's Raffy Marty... a guy with two first names...seems unplausible. It must be his cover identity. He's really the lead singer of Pearl Jam.

Dr Anton Chuvakin