What Security Do You Do?
Warning: philosophical content ahead! :-) Here is a question: what security do you do? The common answers that I've heard are:
Where am I getting at? Is there the best choice? Yes, it is "information security"! Information encompasses data, resides on systems, flows through the network, etc. My advice is to do "information security" since it allows for a broader view (but without sacrificing depth) and to make you more future-proof, as far as our profession is concerned...
- "Computer security"
- "System security"
- "Network security"
- "IT security"
- "Data security"
- "Information security"
Where am I getting at? Is there the best choice? Yes, it is "information security"! Information encompasses data, resides on systems, flows through the network, etc. My advice is to do "information security" since it allows for a broader view (but without sacrificing depth) and to make you more future-proof, as far as our profession is concerned...
Comments