On Antivirus Failures (?)
Wow, is this news or what? I didn't have that much respect for the AV efficiency, but I didn't think that it has an 80% miss rate: "'At the point we see it as a CERT, which is very early on -- the most popular brands of antivirus on the market … have an 80 percent miss rate. "
How does one explain this? I suspect those guys took all the spyware and badware universe and just checked how many of those "baddies" were caught by the vanilla anti-virus folks...
In general, this drives the final (?) nail in the coffin of "malware for everybody" and illuminates the bright future of "malware for its victim."
How does one explain this? I suspect those guys took all the spyware and badware universe and just checked how many of those "baddies" were caught by the vanilla anti-virus folks...
In general, this drives the final (?) nail in the coffin of "malware for everybody" and illuminates the bright future of "malware for its victim."
Comments