Dr Anton Chuvakin Blog (Original)

Security writing since the mid-2000s. New posts are mirrored from Anton on Security on Medium.

On 2006 CSI/FBI Survey

I would not go as far as to say that it is "harmful", like Chris Walsh did here. It certainly provides humorous relief. For example, I've noticed a discussion in CSI Alert Newsletter on why the incident loss numbers are falling every year. Yeah, I can answer this one: because the numbers are not statistically solid...

Emergent Chaos: CSI/FBI Survey considered harmful: "The latest 2006 CSI-FBI Computer Crime and Security Survey has been released"

Chris also suggests how a security survey can be improved: "A computer scientist, an economist, and a survey researcher need to gang up on this. The economist and CS guy can get the NSF money, and the survey researcher can spend it the right way: on a statistically valid sample and techniques proven to increase response rate. "

New posts appear first on Anton on Security on Medium. This blog keeps a copy, plus the archive going back to the mid-2000s.

Comments