Dr Anton Chuvakin Blog (Original)

Security writing since the mid-2000s. New posts are mirrored from Anton on Security on Medium.

On Obvious

I guess I should start a collection of deeply obvious and thus near-idiotic things that [fake] "security experts" like to proclaim.

Here is one highlighted by Fred Avolio's Musings: Removable media in the workplace can become a security timebomb. Wow, what a revelation!

The second was from the ISSA Journal; it was a paper on DoS attacks written under the theme of "don't underestimate DoS" :-) Oh, really? I thought the proper response to DoS is to look the other way :-)

I am just waiting to log more of this type of writing, such as that "viruses are bad", "attacks will continue", "security is a problem", etc.

New posts appear first on Anton on Security on Medium. This blog keeps a copy, plus the archive going back to the mid-2000s.

Comments