Sunday, September 27, 2009

Speaking at CSI 2009 and Conference Discount Passes

While I will be in Baltimore for SCAP Conference, I will also speak at CSI 2009 … on PCI DSS, exploring a hot subject I wanted to explore for a long time: can you AND should you use PCI DSS as a base for your security program?

My session info:

“Topic: PCI DSS as A General Security Framework: Good, Bad or Maybe Ugly?

Speaker: Dr. Anton Chuvakin (Security Warrior Consulting)

Date/Time: Wednesday (October 28, 2009) 11:00am — 12:00pm

Presentation Abstract
Since PCI DSS covers twelve domains of security guidance, can we use it as a security framework to quickly build a security management program? Is it a good idea or a horrible one? How to do it? This session seeks to answer these and other questions and also generate discussion about broader applicability of PCI DSS.”

Also, I got some CSI discount passes; first come, first served, of course (this means: if you try it and it fails, that means that they are already used up by others)

“The passes cover the full conference, Monday–Wednesday, October 26–28, 2009, for a 40% discount!

To pass along your discount passes, go to CSI 2009 Registration to register for a CSI 2009 Conference Pass and have them enter the below Promotional Code in the box provided:

SPK14

CSI 2009 takes place in D.C.'s newest conference venue and hotel, the Gaylord National Resort in National Harbor, MD, just minutes from downtown D.C.”

Possibly related posts:

Obligatory “added everywhere” posts :-)

  • I am not at Qualys anymore and looking for the next big security idea to work on! I might be available for consulting projects, whenever I finish my current consulting projects.

Dr Anton Chuvakin