Paranoia of Wikipedia?
Here is a fun argument that Richard Bejtlich brings to point Wikipedia flaws: "I would personally never use Wikipedia as a resource for any serious research. I might use it as a starting point, but why should I trust what it says? Am I going to go back through the editing history and note that 195.89.26.53 made a change that looks suspicious, but 216.192.4.32 seems more reliable? That is ridiculous."
Do you agree? Are there enough mechanisms in Wikipedia to assure the overall high level of content accuracy?
I see two scenarios for inaccurate content: a) obscure pieces that nobody bothered to check and b) articles where bigots in large numbers beat back the forces of reason (due to their smaller numbers)
Do you agree? Are there enough mechanisms in Wikipedia to assure the overall high level of content accuracy?
I see two scenarios for inaccurate content: a) obscure pieces that nobody bothered to check and b) articles where bigots in large numbers beat back the forces of reason (due to their smaller numbers)
Comments