Friday, December 21, 2007

More on Security vs Risk

So, I was reading some survey and came across this bizarre, mind-boggling (maybe even 'mind-numbing?') picture:

risk-vs-sex

How can security be THAT disconnected from risk? Can somebody explain this to me? (Please don't explain by stating "crappy survey methodology" - I can pull this one myself, thank you very much :-))

Mr Hoff, can you help here? :-)


UPDATE: I have a full PDF of the report; can email if interested!

UPDATE2: a lot of fun discussion inspired by this post is here.

UPDATE3: more discussion here where the model "(strategic = risk) vs. (tactical = security)" is used.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anton:

Where was that from, do you recall?

/Hoff

(P.S. Seems perfectly normal to me ;)

Anton Chuvakin said...

Thanks for a response!

This is from a yet-unpublished survey (so I can't disclose)

Normal? Then we live in a bizarre world...

Ryan Shopp said...

Would love to hear more about the survey once it's published. I've thrown some of my comments down over at http://www.security-works.com/blog/
Hope you don't mind me borrowing your graphic. Enjoy the vacation & snow, none of that here in Dallas.

Anton Chuvakin said...

To Ryan:

Thanks for the comments - will look at it when I am back (will also add you blog to my already-waaaaay-too-long RSS feed list :-))

Dr Anton Chuvakin