Monday, October 01, 2007

Monthly Blog Round-Up - September 2007

I saw this idea of a monthly blog round-up and I liked it. In general, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today. Yes, attention spans seem to be shrinking even among the security professionals ...

So, my 2nd monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up, top posts and comments by topic.

  1. Same as last month, the "fallout" from being featured on a high-profile programming site continues to drive traffic.  The topic that got such a huge boost was anti-virus efficiency. Thus, these posts were the most popular: Answer to My Antivirus Mystery Question and a "Fun" Story, More on Anti-virus and Anti-malware, Let's Play a Fun Game Here ... A Scary Game, as well as a final entry about my own switch away from AV: A Bit More on AV
  2. Interestingly, my small post on Once More on Failure of Academic Research in Security shows up in top content. If I see another paper on intrusion detection via neural networks, I will scream!
  3. No less interesting, Another Presentation: FINAL Full Log Mining Slides made it into Top5. It is indeed a very fun presentation, which summarizes a few years of my logging research.
  4. Due to a lot of inbound links, my Guide to Hating Competitors is popular. It sparked some fun follow-ups by Mike Rothman and others.
  5. In a bizarre twist of fate, the latest blurb in my humorous series Nobody Is That Dumb ... Oh, Wait VI made the top list. What gives? Is it the fact that it mentions Gartner? Or G-spot? :-)

See you in October :-)

Technorati tags: ,

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin