Here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics this month:
- “Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top of this list – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version, and, yes, I know it really needs another update)
- “Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm in 2009-2011.
- “On Choosing SIEM” is another old classic (from 2010) that shows up on my top list; it covers some tips on choosing SIEM tools.
- My classic PCI DSS Log Review series is popular as well. The approach is useful for building other types of log review processes and procedures, whether regulatory or not.
- “SIEM Bloggables” covers a few high-level SIEM use cases and my view (at the time) of key SIEM functions.
Current DLP research:
- On “Internally Lost Data” and DLP Discovery
- On Risks of DLP
- DLP and Data Classification
- DLP: Discover First or Monitor First?
- On DLP and PCI DSS
- On DLP and IP Theft
- DLP and/or/for/vs Data Security
- On DLP Processes or “No DLP For Dummies”
- On DLP Research
Disclaimer: all content at SecurityWarrior blog was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.
Previous post in this endless series: