- “Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top of this list – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version, and, yes, I know it really needs another update)
- “PCI Compliance Book Giveaway!” announces our new contest and its prize – The PCI Compliance book. We will announce the winner any day now.
- My classic PCI DSS Log Review series is popular as well. The approach is useful for building other types of log review processes and procedures, whether regulatory or not.
- “On Choosing SIEM” is another old classic (from 2010) that shows up on my top list; it covers some tips on choosing SIEM tools.
- “Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm in 2009-2011.
In addition, I’d like to draw your attention to a few posts from my Gartner blog:
Current DLP research:
- On DLP and PCI DSS
- On DLP and IP Theft
- DLP and/or/for/vs Data Security
- On DLP Processes or “No DLP For Dummies”
- On DLP Research
Also see my past monthly and annual “Top Posts” – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
Disclaimer: all content at SecurityWarrior blog was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.
Previous post in this endless series: