Thursday, November 01, 2012

Monthly Blog Round-Up – October 2012

Here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics this month:
  1. Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top of this list – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version, and, yes, I know it needs another update)
  2. On Choosing SIEM” is another old classic (from 2010) that shows up on my top list; it covers some tips on  choosing SIEM tools.
  3. Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm in 2009-2011.
  4. My PCI DSS Log Review series is popular as well. It actually needs no introduction.
  5. SIEM use cases (however they are defined) seem to be on a lot of minds and so “SIEM Bloggables” post (and this one too) is on my top list.

In addition, I’d like to draw your attention to a few posts from my Gartner blog:

Current DLP research:

Recent SIEM research:

Also see my past monthly and annual “Top Posts” – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

Disclaimer: all content at SecurityWarrior blog was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.

Previous post in this endless series:

Dr Anton Chuvakin