Here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics this month:
- “Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top of this list – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version, and, yes, I know it needs another update…)
- “Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm in 2009-2011.
- My PCI DSS Log Review series is popular as well.
- “On Choosing SIEM” is another old classic (from 2010) that shows up on my top list.
- Next is “SIEM Resourcing or How Much the Friggin’ Thing Would REALLY Cost Me?” While reading this, also check this presentation.
Current SIEM research:
- On SIEM Deployment Evolution
- On People Running SIEM
- On SIEM Processes/Practices
- On Large-scale SIEM Architecture
- Some of the Big SIEM Questions
- My Upcoming SIEM Research
Other fun posts:
Also see my past monthly and annual “Top Posts” – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
Disclaimer: all this content at SecurityWarrior blog was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.
Previous post in this endless series:
- Monthly Blog Round-Up – July 2012
- All posts tagged monthly