Monday, September 10, 2012

Monthly Blog Round-Up – August 2012

Here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics this month:
  1. Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top of this list – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version, and, yes, I know it needs another update…)
  2. Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm in 2009-2011.
  3. My PCI DSS Log Review series is popular as well.
  4. On Choosing SIEM” is another old classic (from 2010) that shows up on my top list.
  5. Next is “SIEM Resourcing or How Much the Friggin’ Thing Would REALLY Cost Me?” While reading this, also check this presentation.
In addition, I’d like to draw your attention to a few posts from my Gartner blog:

Current SIEM research:

Other fun posts:

Also see my past monthly and annual “Top Posts” – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

Disclaimer: all this content at SecurityWarrior blog was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.

Previous post in this endless series:

Dr Anton Chuvakin