Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Monthly Blog Round-Up – July 2012

Here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics this month:
  1. Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version)
  2. Next is “SIEM Resourcing or How Much the Friggin’ Thing Would REALLY Cost Me?” While reading this, also check this presentation.
  3. On SIEM Services” appearance on this list reminds me that the Internet has a mind of its own as this post is closely related to what I am working on right now Smile
  4. Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm in 2009-2011.
  5. Finally, “Book Review: “UP and to the RIGHT: Strategy and Tactics of Analyst Influence: A complete guide to analyst influence” by Richard Stiennon” made it to the top 5 as well.
In addition, I’d like to draw your attention to a few posts from my Gartner blog:

Current SIEM research:

Other fun posts:

Also see my past monthly and annual “Top Posts” – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

Disclaimer: all this content was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.

Previous post in this endless series:

Dr Anton Chuvakin