- “Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version)
- Next is “SIEM Resourcing or How Much the Friggin’ Thing Would REALLY Cost Me?” While reading this, also check this presentation.
- “On SIEM Services” appearance on this list reminds me that the Internet has a mind of its own as this post is closely related to what I am working on right now
- “Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm in 2009-2011.
- Finally, “Book Review: “UP and to the RIGHT: Strategy and Tactics of Analyst Influence: A complete guide to analyst influence” by Richard Stiennon” made it to the top 5 as well.
Current SIEM research:
- On SIEM Processes/Practices
- On Large-scale SIEM Architecture
- Some of the Big SIEM Questions
- My Upcoming SIEM Research
Other fun posts:
Also see my past monthly and annual “Top Posts” – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
Disclaimer: all this content was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.
Previous post in this endless series: