The PCI book site
has been updated with recent PCI DSS
related videos and writing from Branden and me. For example, another big free chunk of a chapter (Chapter 12 “The Art of Compensating Control” by Branden) is posted
. The picture proves that we did manage to write “The PCI Book” and not just “a PCI book” :-)
And, of course, the ever-so-funny PCI videos:
ShmooCon 2010 Conference Panel "An Existential Threat To Security As We Know It?" (direct video link [FLV]")
Security BSides San Francisco Panel "The Great Compliance Debate: No Child Left Behind or The Polio Vaccine" (part 1, part 2)
RSA 2010 Quick Clip "If you’re going for PCI compliance, just shut up and log" (direct video link)
Enjoy – if you missed it live.
While I am at it, let me make a few quick announcements.
Here are my fun upcoming speaking ops:
- Source in April in Boston, MA (with Branden)
- PCI DSS Workshop in April in Indianapolis, IN
- Honeynet Project Annual in April in Mexico
- HITB Amsterdam in July in Amsterdam (cool!)
Recent writing [guess what? it is about logs! And sometimes PCI DSS]
- "PCI DSS logging: A must for compliance" (part 1)
- "Practical priorities in PCI DSS logging" (part 2)
- "Shut up and Log!"
- You can now “rent a bit of Anton” via Institute for Applied Network Security (IANS). I officially became “IANS faculty” a few weeks ago.
- If you somehow missed the release of our "Critical Log Review Checklist for Security Incidents," then go get it!