- “Log Management at $0 and 1hr/week?” is where a lot of companies still are, thus this post became popular again.
- “Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version)
- “Why No Open Source SIEM, EVER?” (and this) is next – for some weird reason. I suspect a lot of people still crave a free open source SIEM tool.
- “Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm.
- “On Choosing SIEM” is about the least wrong way of choosing a SIEM tool – as well as why the right way is so unpopular.
Denial of Service research:
- More on DoS and Shared Security
- On DoS Detection
- Wanted Dead or Alive: Application DoS Attack
- Availability, Security and Why is DoS Fun?
Also see my past monthly and annual “Top Posts” – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
Disclaimer: all this content was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.