- “Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is often at the top of this list – the checklist is still a very useful tool for many people. “On Free Log Management Tools” is a companion to the checklist (updated version)
- “On Choosing SIEM” is another old classic (from 2010) that often shows up on my top list; it covers some tips on choosing SIEM tools.
- “Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” came from one of my last projects I did when running my SIEM consulting firm in 2009-2011.
- “Why No Open Source SIEM, EVER?” contains some of my thinking from 2009. Is it relevant now? Well, you be the judge.
- My classic PCI DSS Log Review series is popular as well. The outlined log review approach is useful for building other types of log review processes and procedures, whether regulatory or not.
- From IPs to TTPs
- Consumption of Shared Security Data
- On Trust in Security Data Sharing
- On Security Data Sharing Research
- On Security Data Sharing
- More on DoS and Shared Security
- Patch Management – NOT A Solved Problem!
- 9 Reasons Why Building A Big Data Security Analytics Tool Is Like Building a Flying Car
- Bye-bye, Compliance Thinking. Welcome, Military Thinking!
(see my published Gartner research here)
Also see my past monthly and annual “Top Popular Blog Posts” – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
Disclaimer: all content at SecurityWarrior blog was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing. For my current security blogging, go here.
Previous post in this endless series: