Believe it or not, but I've been at Gartner for a year. One whole year has passed since that infamous blog post. I don't feel like diving into deep reflections and long contemplations about it, but I wanted to share how it was. During this year, I …
- learned a lot, and expanded my security knowledge into new areas such as denial of service defense
- found out that being an analyst is a lot of fun
- realized that there are many levels of writing excellence beyond the level that I thought I had …
- interacted with a lot of smart people both within and outside Gartner
- helped dozens of our clients – both security vendors and large enterprises - with their security challenges, some simple and some pretty esoteric
- discovered that a lot of companies are not where our industry pundits and "thought leaders" say they are (“what is more common today at large organizations, cloud or Windows 2000?”)
That's about it - I am really looking forward to my second year!