Here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics this month.
Disclaimer: all this content was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing.
- “The Last Blog Post!” is obviously BY FAR the most popular post in August. It announces my departure from consulting business in order to join Gartner as a Research Director with SRMS team.
- “Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” is an EXAMPLE criteria list for choosing a SIEM. Also see “On Choosing SIEM” which is about the least wrong way of choosing a SIEM tool – as well as why the right way is so unpopular.
- “On SIEM Services” is a quick overview of services that you really should be getting with that SIEM purchase
- “Log Management at $0 and 1hr/week?” is pretty much what it is. How to do log management under extreme budget AND time constraints?
- A very old post (2009), “Log Management + SIEM = ?", is about architecting SIEM together with log management.
Also see my past annual “Top Posts” - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010).