Here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts/topics this month.
Disclaimer: all this content was written before I joined Gartner on Aug 1, 2011 and is solely my personal view at the time of writing.
- “Log Management at $0 and 1hr/week?” is pretty much what it is. How to do log management under extreme budget AND time constraints
- “PCI DSS in the Cloud … By the Council” post is my quick review of recent PCI DSS guidance on virtualization, focusing on cloud computing guidance.
- “Top 10 Criteria for a SIEM?” is an EXAMPLE criteria list for choosing a SIEM.
- “On Choosing SIEM” is about the least wrong way of choosing a SIEM tool – as well as why the right way is so unpopular. A related read is “SIEM Resourcing or How Much the Friggin’ Thing Would REALLY Cost Me?”, check it out as well. While reading this, also check this presentation.
- “Simple Log Review Checklist Released!” is still one of the most popular posts on my blog. Grab the log review checklist here, if you have not done so already. It is perfect to hand out to junior sysadmins who are just starting up with logs. A related “UPDATED Free Log Management Tools” is also still on top - it is a repost of my free log tools list to the blog.