Earlier today I noticed a lot of web traffic which came to my blog from Google queries such as “secure warrior” or “secure warrior virus” and “help how to remove secure warrior”. Even though this blog, “Security Warrior” has nothing to do with SecureWarrior malware (well, fake anti-malware, to be exact), I figured I’d aggregate and post the info about this malware since people are coming here anyway.
About this malware (fake anti-malware):
Removal instructions from reliable sources:
BTW, this quick research project once again reminded us how fucked up the so called “big AV players” are. None had any info on this critter.
Possibly related posts:
- Answer to My Antivirus Mystery Question and a "Fun" Story
- More on Anti-virus and Anti-malware
- Let's Play a Fun Game Here ... A Scary Game
- The Original Anti-Virus Test Paper is Here!
- Protected but Owned: My Little Investigation
- A Bit More on AV
- Closure (Kind of) to the Anti-Virus Efficiency/Effectiveness Saga.