As we all know, blogs are a bit "stateless" and a lot of good content gets lost since many people, sadly, only pay attention to what they see today. These monthly round-ups is an attempt to remind people of useful content from the past month!
So, here is my next monthly "Security Warrior" blog round-up of top 5 popular posts and topics.
- Shockingly, AGAIN this month, the "Top 11 Reasons to Secure and Protect Your Logs" came up as #1 most popular post (maybe driven by my poll). BTW, see my other logging polls.
- Security ROI - and its parent topic "security metrics"/"measuring security" - is definitely an ongoing HOT debate. Indeed, the old post "Security ROI Pile-Up!" takes the #2 spot this month, possibly propelled by a more recent post "Second ROI War."
- Some say that "short blog posts rule", but, in reality, good, fun content is the best. Here is an example: "Dumb Luck IS a Strategy!" post makes the top list. In it, I try to explore why people still ignore security concerns even if stare people in the face...
- Discussion on what you can do to soften the impact of "getting 0wned" ( "What CAN You Do?") made the top list. Good!
- As before, my post "11 Signs That Your SIEM Is A Dog or "Raffy, You Killed SIM!"". It is both humorous and sadly true (and backed up by other sources)
- Still burning hot is a post with my irreverent comments on a Terry Childs saga. Namely, "On Doomsaying (Terry Childs case)", "So ... Am I? Maybe I Am!" and "Admins , Good Guys or "I am NOT an Idiot!""
See you in October.
Possibly related posts / past monthly popular blog round-ups:
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - August 2008
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - July 2008
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - June 2008
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - May 2008
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - April 2008
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - March 2008
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - February 2008
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - January 2008
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - December 2007
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - November 2007
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - October 2007
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - September 2007
- Monthly Blog Round-Up - August 2007