"Welcome to the 4th Carnival of the Security Catalyst Community. Each week, a different member of the Security Catalyst Community takes a turn pointing out three to five posts from the community and three links to blog articles by members of the security catalyst community. If you are not a member, but would like to join us, information on the community is included at the bottom of the post."
Here are some forum posts that I enjoyed in the last few days that may also benefit you.
- A day in the life of a lost USB Drive... a scientific approach? covers just that - what risk stem from a found USB drive. I am sure my readers won't pick a stray USB drive and stick it in their PC ... NOW ... will they? :-)
- Compliance Measurement and Verification Solutions covers tools and some fun discussion on whether such tools to "verify compliance" [with what?] are even possible. If you are looking to automate the WHOLE compliance .... keep looking (and see ya in year 3000 :-))
- Do you trust small vendors? made my blood curl first (darn it, why do you trust LARGE vendors? :-)), but there is some discussion on why "small is better" (sometimes)
Here are some recent blog posts from the members of the Security Catalyst Community
Thinking of joining the Security Catalyst Community - here is how:
To create your account, point your browser to: http://www.securitycatalyst.org/forums/ and register an account. Please register using your real full name in the following format: firstname.lastname (we generally use all lower case and separate the names with a period). This is important for our community of professionals. Accounts are reviewed quickly and activated. Your currency of the community is your participation. We look forward to learning from you!"
Past carnivals are:
- Carnival of the Security Catalyst Community for Tuesday, February 26, 2008
- Carnival of the Security Catalysts Community for 03/04/08
- Carnival of the Security Catalysts Community for 03/11/08