Wednesday, October 25, 2006

More on Future Virtualization

As you, my esteemed reader, have certainly guessed by now, I am sitting at a meeting and so have a chance to catch up on blogging :-)

Here comes another one! Virtualization has long fascinated me, both as a new technology, a security challenge and just an overall fun thing...

So this blurb from NetApp team has a few other interesting things. "Going forward, VMware offers even more interesting visions: rapid provisioning of new applications, transparent migration, virtual data centers that provide DR protection for multiple physical data centers. But that's not what I see people excited about today. Today's excitement comes entirely from how much you save when you reduce servers by a factor of 5 or 10 or even 20."

To conclude, I am sooo envious about this team of friends that I have that have been busy for a few years (!) spending DHS money trying to find a true "break-out" from VMware... Are they close to the Holy Grail? They might be, but they are not talking :-)

No comments:

Dr Anton Chuvakin